* From September through March, over 100 families come to each of the 3 Chillers 7 days per week. These families spend money at local restaurants, retail establishments, and service businesses within close proximity of the rinks!
* There are currently NO ice rinks south of I-70 in Central Ohio. This amenity will be a true differentiator for Pickerington versus any other community in the southern half of the city.
* There are over 3000 youth hockey players in Central Ohio, between the 4 existing #youthhockey programs. That's 3000 kids in Central Ohio who, for at least 7 months of the year spend 2 evenings and 1 weekend day a week at the rink (and not on the X-Box).
*The 10 year growth rate for youth hockey in Central Ohio has been 10% annually, with more growth on the east side of the city.
*For the 2018-2019 season, there was a 60 player long waitlist for youth hockey at the closest rink, Easton. That means 60 kids did not get to play.
* A typical weekend hockey tournament brings over 200 families to the area, and the average family spends $1000 in the local economy for each tournament (hotels, food, shopping, entertainment, gasoline, etc).
* Central Ohio has the LARGEST #adulthockey program IN THE COUNTRY.